About Your Host
I began my guiding career on the Winnipeg River north of LOTW in the mid 1970's. Since that time, I have traveled and fished many waters from Cave Run (PMTT) to LOTW, to the St. Lawrence in eastern Quebec.
I am also an experienced speaker an educator on muskies and have participated in several successful television programs including:
- Fish'n Canada (Pete Bowman 2006) - to view this show go to http://www.myoutdoortv.com/show-microsite-fishing/fishn-canada.html and choose 'River Predator'
- The Next Bite (Marc Thorpe, Pete Maina 2006) - to view this show go to http://www.myoutdoortv.com/video/59460113001-st.-lawrence-river-muskie-adventure
- The New Flyfisher (Colin McKeown 2002, 2009)
- The Weekend Fisherman (Frank Papineau)
- Big City Fishing (Jamie Pistilli 2009)
- Fins and Skins (Henry Waszczuk 2010)
You can also find my work in a variety of magazines.
I have spent years in the hospitality industry and am formally trained therein. My guestbook will attest to the fact that I not only know how to look after people and hunt muskies, I am a darn good host, entertainer, and friend. Muskies is my passion in life. I invite you to come and share it with me.
John Anderson - Fishing Resume
This is a brief and partial summary of the highlights of my fishing career focusing primarily on the past 2 seasons.
- Began Guiding in 1977 in Minaki Ontario.
- Began guiding on the Ottawa River in the 1980s.
- Began guiding muskellunge as a full-time vocation in 2000.
Television and Film Work
- 2011 - Filmed the documentary 'Fish' with Lawrence Eutenier. This was filmed all over North America and is currently in the production studio with a prospective release date later in 2012.
- 2010 - Fins and Skins TV Show with Henry Waszczuk - Henry caught the largest musky of his long and varied fishing career which spans over 25 years.
- 2009 - The New Flyfisher - Host Colin McKeown caught the largest musky of his life and the longest fish ever filmed by his camera.
- 2007 - Fish'n' Canada - Host Pete Bowman caught the largest musky of his life and the show went onto their 'best of' list. Reno Viola also caught the second largest musky of his life and called me 'the best musky guide in all of Canada'.
- 2007 - The Next Bite - I was proud to hold musky legend Pete Maina's largest musky of the year in a net.
- 2012 - Scheduled to fish and film with Charlie Wray of Fishful Thinking
- 2011 - Muskies Canada Release Journal
- Spring Issue Feature Article - 'Hunting the Big Girls of Summer'
- Fall Issue Feature Article - 'Chasing Giants as the Clock Winds Down'
- 2011 - Rutte 'n' Rolle - Hendrik Breuer authored the 5-page feature article on me entitled 'Big Brother'.
- 2011 - Just Fishing Magazine, Summer Issue - Wally Robbins authored the article entitled 'Fishing with the Finest' which featured myself and Marc Thorpe
- 2011 - Fins and Skins Magazine - 'Capital Muskies' - authored this article on the world class musky fishery in the Ottawa River
- 2011 - Liga Polunoskow - Featured in Poland's largest fishing magazine
- 2012 - February - Ohio Muskie Show - Feature speaker - presentation on the habits and movements of giant muskellunge, stress on muskellunge as a result of being caught, tactics for giant fish.
- 2012 - February - Ottawa Muskies Canada Event - The highlights of 20 years of Ottawa River science related to muskellunge, big fish behaviour and tactics.
- 2012 - March - Gananoque Muskies Canada Event - The highlights of 20 years of Ottawa River science related to muskellunge, big fish behaviour and tactics.